GEAR FLEX COUPLINGS
GEAR-FLEX COUPLINGS – JFG/JHGCONSTRUCTION
Full gear type JFG Jaypee Flexible Gear Coupling consists of two identical toothed hubs, two identical flanged sleeves with internal teeth, a gasket, a set of bolts, nuts and lock washers, lube plugs and two oil/grease retaining seals over the hubs.
- Forged Hubs with External Teeth
- Forged Sleeves with Internal Teeth
- Flange Gasket
- Close Tolerance Connecting Bolts
- Lubrication Plug
- Select an appropriate Service Factor from table given below
- Multiply the rated running power by the service factor. This gives Design Power speed (rpm). Convert this to design power at 100 rpm. This is used as a basis for coupling selection.
- Refer to the rating column and read until the power greater than or equal to the design power at 100 rpm is found. The size of the gear coupling is given in the corresponding first column. Check the max bore capacities. If required bore size is greater than the max. bore of selected coupling size, then go for higher size to meet the required bore.
|LOAD||DRIVERN EQUIPMENT||TYPE OF DRIVE|
|Motoror Turbine||Reciprocating Engine|
|Uniform||Centrifugal Pumps, Conveyors – Even Loaded, Exciters,Fans and Blowers – Light Duty, Generators – Even Loaded& Mixers – Liquid||1||1.5|
|Light||Centrifugal Pumps, Generators – Pulsating Load, Grinders,Hydraulic Pumps, Kilns, Line Shafting, Machine Tools,Oscillating Pumps, Textiles Machinery &woodworking Machinery||1.5||2|
|Medium||Air Compressors – Multi – Cylinder, Ball and Rod Mills, Cranes,Elevators, Hoists, Punch Presses, Reciprocating Pumps, Shears,Ship Drives & Welding Generators||2||2.5|
|Heavy||Air Compressors, Single Cylinders, Dredges, Drilling Rigs,Mine Machinery, Rolling Mill Drives & Rubber Mixers.||2.5||3|
|Extreme||One Crushers, Bar Stock Shears & Vibrating Conveyors||3||4|
- Standard Half Flexible gear coupling Type JHG Cannot accommodate parallel misalignment
- Used primarily with floating shaft assemblies. Extensively used for cross traverse and long travel line shaft drives
GEAR FLEX COUPLINGS – LFG/LHG
- Less Backlash
- Larger Bore Capacities
- Compact Assembly
- High Power To weight Ratio
- Accommodates Angular, Parallel & Axial Misalignments
- Generally used upto 120 C can be used for higher temperatures by using proper grade of grease or oil.
Spares of rolling mills
Gear coupling - Following list to be displayed :
Half gear coupling
Full gear coupling